Thursday, July 19, 2007

A wise wife once said...




“No cross country-trip is complete without a speeding ticket.” I (Chris) would like to send a big shout out to the Deputy Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane from Wapiti County. I got pulled over in the middle of nowhere… let me repeat… nowhere, for doing 81 in a 65. Compared to Georgia or D.C. area tickets, this one was a bargain I thought… $88 and I didn’t even have to pay on the spot. He gave me a pre-addressed envelope to mail my check… Wyoming people are nice. He spared me the “do you know the speed-limit?” bit, I spared him the “my cruise-control must be broken” bit and we were on our way.

For all you cat lovers out there, Fresh-step cat liter is made 10 miles from where I got my ticket... from the looks of the ground and surrounding areas, I think they scoop it up and put it in the bag directly from the ground outside the factory… the sun bakes the ground to a crisp there and it looks like cat liter… the town looks like a giant litter box.

No comments: